Friday, May 27, 2011

Merlin!

I have obsessively been watching The Adventures of Merlin on Netflix, which is slightly embarassing but true all the same. My favorite part about it is that Anthony Stewart Head, who plays Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, is Uther Pendragon. I wonder if he ever escapes the authoritative, snobby-British roles? I RECOMMEND THIS SHOW! It's just kinda cool and yet not too terribly complicated. Mostly goes show by show, which is how Buffy was, and I like it that way. If you don't watch an episode you won't miss much.

IN OTHER NEWS . . . I made a friend. Sort of. Like fifteen minutes ago. Maybe a few friends? They all work in the scene shop or are on light crew, so I will likely never see them during the day but hopefully will get to see them after work lets out. I might be eating a lot of french toast with them tomorrow night. And we might be going to this Mayfair thing in Allentown somewhere. The sort-of friend, Evan, asked me what I've been eating. I told him Ramen, rice, and canned vegetables, and he nodded in approval. I liked him instantly. He included me in everything, which was super nice. His friend, who I think is named Sarah, asked me if I've ever seen her favorite film, Benny and Joon. HAVE I EVER?! Of course! Tina is my best friend. So I liked her, Sarah (?), instantly too.

I wish it didn't take me 2-3 times to remember a name. I feel like I'll figure it out though. The set construction people seem really, really nice and very welcoming. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

Today at work, I ironed for 4 hours BUT then I got to sew! It was lovely. And even though I have to work tomorrow, I feel all right about it. At least I'm keeping my skills in good use.

And now I'm going to watch another episode of Merlin. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment